Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Life has been so hectic lately...I realized I hadn't even posted the photos I took at Mom and Dad's on Mothers' Day. So they're on here now. Where do I start...last weekend we stayed at Mom's on Friday night and when we got up in the wee hours to help her, John passed out. It really scared all of us. He went to the dr. and has been scheduled for some heart tests and a treadmill test this week. In the midst of all this, my boss decided to retire and I knew this would be my only chance to become head of the department...even though the timing wasn't great with all that's going on in our family. But I applied and interviewed and just put it in the Lord's hands. Last week I found I had gotten the job! I start June 1st as Director of Children's Services. I'm pretty excited about it! This weekend we visited with our kids in Michigan. It was our first visit up there since Thanksgiving due to our weekend duties at Dad and Mom's. It was so great to get away and spend some quality time with the family. Betsy was so much fun...she's talking all the time...counting, singing the alphabet song and is just a barrel of fun to be around. Molly and I did a little bargain hunting when she was taking her nap and found lots of neat things at Goodwill. We went to their church Sunday morning then headed to Lansing with them to visit Joel and Wendy. Wendy is in her 26th week and has a cute little tummy. Baby "Jake" seems to be developing normally and they're doing really well. I have a few photos to share too. We stopped to see Mom on our way home. She is so weak and isn't really eating at all. She only said a couple of words to us and dozed most of the time. It's so hard to not have her be a part of our lives like she has been for so many years. She was always the first person I wanted to share news with. Dad looks so tired and down. He's trying to build a ramp so he can let Mom sit outside and enjoy the warm weather. She told him she didn't want to be a "lawn ornament". She still has a sense of humor. That's about it for the weekend. I have a pile of laundry to catch up with before it's back to work tomorrow. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congratulations! I bet you are soo excited about being the Director! Praise the Lord :) Loved the comment your mom made about not wanting to be a lawn
ornament...lol that is funny. Betsy is such a little cutie pie! What a smart little girl. I know Molly is just relishing these moments as well. Love you!-Heather