Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Busy Summer at the Library





The Children's Department has been really hectic since school is out. We're working really hard to get ready for our summer reading program in July. It's called "Catch the Reading Bug" so everything is "bug" themed. I bought an ant farm and got it established about a week ago. It's been so interesting to see the ants build tunnels and rearrange their home. The kids have been fascinated! My brother, Jim, is a science teacher and he's presenting our first program on bees. He's a beekeeper and is planning to bring a display hive...the kids are really excited about that and so am I!
On the home front, my axolotl died a few weeks ago. He had really grown large...around 10 inches long. He died quite suddenly so we really don't know what happened. I now have two more young axolotls at home. They're wild ones so they have dark coloring and spots, unlike my other one which was albino. They seem to be thriving so I hope they'll live longer than Axel. We named the new ones, Atie and Batie...after the imaginary friends that Molly played with as a little girl. She got a real chuckle out of our naming of our pets.

2 comments:

Free In Christ said...

Karen, we finally renewed our plaque card and made it to the library last weekend. You weren't there, and we sure were hoping you'd be. Hopefully next time.

Heather said...

How NEAT!