Sunday, February 06, 2005

Being a grandma!

On New Year's Day, daughter Molly called with the exciting news! She and her husband are expecting their first baby in September. I'm so thrilled with the idea of being Grandma! Since then she's been sick a lot and hasn't enjoyed the pregnancy much yet. I'm hoping she'll soon start to feel better and really enjoy this time. I remember the thrill I felt when she first moved in my womb...it's such a life-changing event. Molly and I have always had a really close bond...it's probably because we're so much alike...we have similar interests and abilities...and even share a few things we wish we didn't. We're both a bit obsessive-compulsive and have a few of the same hang-ups. But the love we share is something I've always cherished. Now that we live in different states we keep in touch through lots of e-mails and instant messaging...thank the Lord for computers! I know we'll be making lots more trips to Michigan with the new arrival in September and the fact that our son and his wife have moved there too!


Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalms 127:3-5

No comments: