Thursday, February 24, 2005

Blogs R Us

I've found since I started this blog that I'm a very boring person and don't have much to write about. I've enjoyed surfing blogdom and reading about other people's lives and thoughts though. It's hard to think of interesting parts of my life when I know somebody out there will read it and think...that poor old boring librarian. Anyway...right now my mind seems to be focused on my liver. Why? you ask. I had gall bladder surgery in November and discovered I have cirrhosis! The drs. are still puzzled about the cause...running endless tests and putting me off month after month. They know it isn't caused by alcohol. I grew up with the belief that drinking was "from the devil"...mainly because my grandfather was an alcoholic who committed suicide. As I became an adult and realized drinking in moderation was no big deal...I was already on a lot of medication and couldn't try it anyway. So I'm a cirrhosis patient who has never had a beer or glass of wine! The doctors are talking of the possibility of a liver transplant down the road. It doesn't really frighten me...it seems unreal to even consider. I always thought I'd rather die than go through a transplant...but now that I'm going to be a grandma...I'm feeling differently. I've been researching liver disease on the web...not a good idea...it can be really scary! I guess blogging could be therapeutic though...I feel better already!

No comments: