Saturday, December 10, 2005

Over the Rhine was great!



We had a big snow storm Thursday night and Friday morning. The library was closed because people couldn't get out of their driveways, so I had the day to do things at home! I was afraid the Over the Rhine show might be cancelled but called "The Music Mill" and found the concert was still on. Then I got an e-mail from Linford saying they had made it through the snow from Wisconsin to Indianapolis. He was happy we were going to the show and said he'd see us afterwards. So John and I headed to Indy with my sister and her husband...there we met up with their son, Benji and his girlfriend, Ashlea. After a supper of pizza and salad at Benji's we headed to the concert. It was a fairly small venue so we were able to sit really close to the stage. It was so fun to see Linford and Karin in concert again. The last few times we've seen them have been family get-togethers which was great. But it was really fun to see their musical side too! I think everyone had a great time. We were about to leave after the concert when Linford saw us and greeted us warmly. He took us backstage to talk with Karin. They're so loving and gracious. It was a wonderful evening for everyone. John had to work today so getting to bed at 2 a.m. was pretty hard on him...but he managed! I didn't get any photos at the concert because you couldn't use flash photography and I didn't know how to use my digital camera without the flash. Despite that...it was great!

No comments: