Friday, September 14, 2007

Doctor's appointment

I had to see my back doctor today. He gave me an MRI last week since I've been having increasing pain down my legs and numbness in my feet. He said that the stenosis is 50% to 60% worse compared to my MRI results in 2004. I've had 3 epidural cortisone injections that helped for awhile. But now I'm looking at the need for surgery and probably fusion of the discs in the lumbar area. He said another injection might offer temporary relief but the surgery would probably get rid of most of my pain and isn't too invasive. So I see the surgeon next Tuesday to find out more. I hoped to put it off as long as I could, especially since starting my new job. But it looks like I've been putting off the inevitable. On a happier note, I get to babysit for Betsy this Saturday night! Molly and Myron are house-hunting in Cincinnati so they're leaving Betsy here for the night...then Molly will come back and stay for a couple of days. It's always fun having them here! So I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments: