Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Almost Thanksgiving!

This week is flying! A week from tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We're going to spend the day with my brother Gary's family and whichever of the siblings can make it to his house in Anderson. Since I have to work the day after Thanksgiving, we're heading up to Michigan for a late celebration on the weekend with the kids. I can't wait to see everyone! Joel and Wendy are so busy we don't get to see much of them! Work has been really hectic. We had a winter craft day for the kids dept. last Friday and 44 kids showed up. It was pretty wild but they had fun making crafty snowmen, scarecrows, Christmas trees, reindeer and sleighs. Today I worked alone...my boss headed for 2 weeks in Texas with her daughters families. It would be so hard to live that far from your children. It's bad enough to have mine 5 hours away! We had Thanksgiving stories today with the Home schooler group. 18 kids came and enjoyed stories, songs, crafts and of course...I made cookies and punch to celebrate Thanksgiving. They're a great bunch of kids and I really admire their parents for the hard work and love they put into educating their children. I was really tired after work so my sweet hubby took me out to supper so I wouldn't have to cook! He's such a blessing! I have a lot to give thanks for!

1 comment:

Molly D said...

I can't wait for you to come and see me, Grandma! I'm getting big and like to play a lot now! And I am sleeping through the night a lot now...Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me! :)

I love you!
Betsy