Thursday, January 05, 2006

Music....

Today I didn't have to go to work until 3:00 so...instead of cleaning house I downloaded music to my computer. I love all kinds of music so I'm making a CD to listen to in the car. Here's a sample of my recent favorites:

Psalm 3 by my son...he actually wrote and recorded this song for his church's worship CD called Farther
Bluer by Over the Rhine (didn't download this one...have the CD)
Amazing Grace by the Blind Boys of Alabama
Power of Your Love by Hillsong
Rejoice by Il Divo
Flown Free by Over the Rhine
Prayer for Taylor by Michael W. Smith
Indescribable by Chris Tomlin
Little Did I Know by Over the Rhine
Wizards in Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I know...that's quite an eclectic selection...I just really like a lot of different artists! I challenge "my readers" to make your own list!

3 comments:

Heather said...

;) You have such good ideas!! Boy, this is a tough one..hmmmm

weblogbob83 said...

Hi! You don't know me: I found your blog by clicking on one of the random blogs scrolling by on Blogger. What a blessing it has been to read some of your blog!

I had to comment on this post, because I guess I'm one of your readers now too, and I also like an eclecticity (don't use that word in a serious setting - I made it up) of music.

Here are a few of my favorites:

First off, I too like (or rather, love) "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin

"To Be with You" by Acapella (from the album "Sweet Fellowship")

"If We Are The Body" by Casting Crowns (from the album "Casting Crowns")

"The Tatara Women Work Song" by Joe Hisaishi (from the "Princess Mononoke Soundtrack")

"Man of God" by Audio Adrenaline (from the album "Bloom")

"The Scientist" by Coldyplay (from the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head")

"When You Called My Name" by the Newsboys (from the album "Going Public")

"Lenny" by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble (from the album "Texas Flood")

"World of Pain" by Cream (from the album "Disraeli Gears")

"Digital Love" by Daft Punk (from the album "Discovery"

"Far Away" by King's X (from the album "Out of the Silent Planet")

"Blue Sky" by the Allman Brothers Band (from the album "Eat a Peach (Dedicated to a Brother)")

"The Glorious Ones" by Tree63 (from the album "The Life and Times of Absolute Truth")

"First Snow" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (from the album "Christmas Eve and Other Stories")

And many others besides!

Wow, what fun it was to revisit some of my old favorites!

Karen said...

Thanks Bob...I enjoyed reading your list too! It's nice to know someone reads my blog occasionally.

Karen the Librarian