Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heat Wave!

Wow...it's been hot this week! Our thermometer is in the shade and has been reading 99 in the middle of the day! I'm so thankful for air conditioning. It's been so humid too. Poor John comes home from that hot shop just soaked with sweat...after he showers he just crashes on the sofa...the heat is so draining. We've been having the battle of the thermostats at the library. We do pretty well up in the kids' department...at least we try to compromise. Downstairs is always so hot! All those thin little gals down there don't realize how we fat girls sweat!!! It's supposed to cool down to the 80's by this weekend...so maybe a little relief is on the way. We had a man present the last program for summer yesterday. He brought his dog, Gripper and had a frisbee-catching demonstration in that 95 degree heat! The kids loved it and so did the dog but it was sure hot! I'm soooo ready for school to start! I never felt that way when my kids were home, but I enjoyed them! We've had some real "fun" kids this week. One little 5-year-old rules his family and screams whenever his mom tries to get him to obey. He was so rude to her and she just put up with it! I wanted to shake him! Of course I had to just stand by and watch but it was so frustrating. I love kids but I'll be glad to get a break from them when school starts...it's been a long, hot, tiring summer! Enough griping...at least I work in air conditioning...a lot of people have really been suffering and even dying from the heat so I don't have much to complain about. Our garden is full of weeds because it's been too hot to work out there...even early in the morning. John used Preen on it this year and it's helped keep some of the weeds down. I'm just looking forward to this weekend...we're heading to Michigan to see the kids. We're going to celebrate Myron's birthday on Saturday and Joel's on Sunday. It'll be so nice to hear all about their missions trip to Mexico too! And of course get lots of loving with Betsy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hope you had a great time!!! Boy I have some catching up to do, but I think of you and pray for you daily!!
love,
heather