Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mom...

Mom had her 19th radiation treatment today. I haven't seen her in a week though I've talked to Dad on the phone. I've had a scratchy throat all week and didn't want to take a chance on giving her any infection. My sister said she's getting weaker and has lost much of her hair. Dad said she's lost almost 30 pounds. She has no strength and no appetite. Over the weekend she had several small seizures which really scared them and made Mom very anxious. I just hate to see her suffer this way. Whenever I talk to Dad he is always on the verge of tears. I know that God is with them and knows their needs...it's just so hard to see His hand in this sometimes. There are hundreds of people praying for Mom and Dad...I just pray that they will feel these prayers and that the Lord will be very near and real to them as they go through this. I feel so helpless...I don't know what to do to help. Dad says they have plenty of food, Ruth is keeping their laundry done. They really don't want company because Mom is too exhausted to talk. I just pray that she'll be able to regain her strength when these treatments are complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ms Karen ((hugs)) and love to you. I know this has to be so so hard for you...all of you. I am praying.