Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Our weekend...

The Homecoming weekend at my parents' church was really wonderful. My uncle preached the sermon and it was the first time I had heard his testimony and how he was called to the ministry. Joel played his guitar and sang the song he wrote from Psalm 3. He did a wonderful job...I was so proud of him. My niece sang a beautiful song too. The church was really packed with people from all over...Dad counted 30 from our family alone...not counting aunts, uncles and cousins. It was a very hard day for all of us emotionally. Mom was on everyone's mind and Dad spent most of the mealtime answering questions about Mom. She wasn't well enough to come and really couldn't have too many visitors so Joel and Wendy just stopped in for a little while. When she gets overtired or overstimulated she has small seizures. It's so painful to see her so weak and tired. Tomorrow will be the midway point in her radiation treatments. My sister, Sherry, said Mom is starting to lose her hair now. She also has a thrush infection in her mouth and no appetite. I just hope she can get through this treatment and start to regain her strength. She didn't get to see Molly & Myron and Betsy because they all had colds. I took out an apple pie Molly had baked for them and a nice care package from Molly. Mom really wanted to see them but knew her immunity was too low to be exposed to their colds. I really enjoyed seeing old friends and remembering the church that I grew up in. Our visit with Joel and Wendy was too short...they keep so busy. I always love having them there. Molly and her family left on Tuesday. Betsy is really starting to know us now and can even say Papaw to John. She's learning a lot of new words and is so much fun. It was hard to say good bye to all of them but I know we'll probably get to see them at the end of the month...then it'll be Thanksgiving and Christmas time!

2 comments:

Free In Christ said...

Karen, I kept checking to see the update from the weekend. I'm glad it turned out nice. The pictures are great. Your family is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen, I came by to visit, and see that my comment from last time didn't "stick". Switching to beta, I have to log in differently, and it does not "save" my comment unless I log in first. Oops. I miss you and hope you are well! Love, Heather