Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My week...

This has been a rough week...I stayed with Mom Friday night and actually had a pretty good night. She was only up 3 times to go to the potty and once I was able to handle it alone and get her back to bed without waking Dad. He's looking much better since he's getting more rest. Mom is having physical therapy now and nurse visits and I think seeing new faces has helped her outlook a bit too. Today was rough for them though. My cousin, Bob, died suddenly of a massive heart attack. I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he sounded so good. He was 2 years younger than me and a pastor. It really hit Dad and Mom very hard. Last week my dr. ordered blood tests and today I had to see her to learn the results. I've developed diabetes. So I'm starting on glucophage and must test my blood for sugar twice a day. They're arranging for me to see a dietician to help me work out my diet. I wasn't really surprised at the diagnosis because I've had a lot of the symptoms for awhile and have been ignoring them. Diabetes often occurs with the liver disorder I have too. But I know I'm still in the Lord's hands and He'll get us through this too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen, I will be praying for you. My heart just breaks for you each time I read something else.

Love and prayers.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

((((Ms Karen)))) I am going to say a prayer for you this very minute. Love- Heather