Thursday, June 29, 2006

I can't sleep...

It's 1:32 am and I can't sleep. I've had trouble sleeping all week because of the pain in my knee. I saw the orthopedic surgeon today and told him my knee is worse after the surgery. He suspected that after he got in there and saw the arthritis. So today they gave me a cortisone shot into the joint. He's hoping to reduce the inflammation so they can inject the Supartz in a month or so...if my insurance will cover it. He said it's really expensive. Anyway...I can't sleep tonight because of the cortisone, I think. When I took it orally in the past it made me feel hyper and jittery so I assume that's the problem now too. At least I don't have to work tomorrow...so if I do finally get to sleep, I'll be able to sleep in! We start our Summer Reading Program next week so I really need to be alert and able to stand a lot! Molly and Betsy are coming down on Friday too so I'll have that to look forward to also! I guess I'll go to Pogo and play some Texas Hold 'Em until I get drowsy.

No comments: