Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday

I don't often blog on Sundays...they're usually so busy. Today we went to the 8:30 service and then Sunday school. It was a nice change. I got to see a lot more people! The 2nd service is our contemporary service...the first is more traditional. We had communion today. Our pastor's sermon was an in-depth exposition of communion and it's meaning. It was very interesting and inspiring. We had an all-church picnic at the Conservation club. The weather was really overcast and sprinkling when we got there. We had a wonderful meal...lots and lots of food. I talked John into sticking my fishing pole in the trunk so I fished after the meal with a few of the kids...until it started pouring really cold rain! So we ran to the enclosed shelter and played games inside. It was a really enjoyable time with all our church family. That rain really made me cold and sleepy...I've been fighting a nap ever since we got home. I knew if I napped I'd never rest tonight. My mom called and was really worried about me driving to Michigan alone. She was very relieved to find that John had gotten time off to go with me. I was a bit nervous about going alone too, but I think I could have managed. I used to drive alone to pick the kids up from college and got along fine...of course, Grand Rapids is a lot farther than Winona Lake! I'm so excited to have a few days with Molly and the baby. Molly is going to have her dad try to child-proof their house since Betsy is crawling everywhere! I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks. My friend Missy had her baby last week. They knew he was going to be born with Down Syndrome but he also had hydrops and there was a real possibility he wouldn't survive. He's still in the ICU but is holding his own. Missy is so amazing. She has a 5 year old daughter and a 4 year old son and runs a home daycare besides doing all the planning and directing of our upcoming VBS. I really admire her stamina and faithfulness. I'm praying that little Evan will grow and be healthy and bring them great joy.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are just picking right up where you left off before the surgery and everything! Praise the Lord! Your friend Missy sounds amazing, and I will definitely add her and her new baby to my prayers. Take care of yourself! Love you! heather