Wednesday, July 05, 2006



Mark Schultz has become my favorite Christian artist. I just recently bought two of his CDs and I'm hoping to see him in concert in Goshen on July 23. Here are the lyrics to one of my favorites called "Learn to Let Go".

Learn To Let Go

Words and Music by Mark Schultz

I'm holding this picture

You drew when you were four

It was one we proudly hung

On our refrigerator door

I found it in the attic

In your old dresser drawer

By a pillow that we made you

And a blanket that you had

When we learned to chase the monsters

From underneath your bed

And I remember

How I learned how to hold you when you cried

I learned how to let you be strong

Learned how to calm you in the dark

Learned how to listen with my heart

I learned how to watch you grow

But how will I learn to let go

And when I walk in your bedroom

The memories that I keep

Are bedtime stories

And rocking you to sleep

And as I held you

You'd drift off to dream

And I know it might sound crazy

Now that you are grown

But yesterday still feels

Like the day we brought you home

And I remember

2 comments:

Heather said...

Karen! I have goosebumps! What a precious song and so reminds me of my little ones...boy does time fly doesn't it. Before I know it...I am going to be the one with grandkids.
Love you, and hope you are well!!

Molly D said...

Agh...that makes me weep on too many levels! Whew! Sorry I had to grow up! ;)