Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm back...

The past few weeks have been so hectic, I haven't had time to blog. The kids had spring break last week so we were super busy at the library. I was so tired each night from being on my feet so much! Molly and Betsy spent the week with us and it was such fun! Betsy is talking so much and really starting to bond with us so the visit was much too short! She loves the library and visited me there several times. John and I spent the weekend out at Mom and Dad's. Mom was outside in her wheelchair when we arrived Saturday. She really enjoyed the brisk spring air and looking at all her blooming spring flowers. She was really itching to dig in with her hoe, but just isn't strong enough for that. She is eating better and seems a little bit stronger. She and Ruthie actually made dumplings one day...Ruth held her up and then would let her rest when she got too tired...but they got them made! She has always liked to cook and bake and I know she's really missing that. She had Ruthie making strawberry preserves at 10:00 one night...she sort of loses track of the time and obsesses about things until you just give in and do it! Of course we all want to make her days happy and as productive as we can. I'm so glad she's lived to see the spring...it seems to have given her a fresh outlook.

1 comment:

Free In Christ said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I sure miss seeing you.