Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Missing Zan...


This has been a sad week. A good friend of mine was seriously injured in an automobile accident last week and she passed away today. Zan was such a sweet woman. I first met her at her wedding. Her husband, Jamey, was one of my second grade students when I taught school...way back in 1970. I always loved Jamey and we had a special friendship. So I was delighted to be invited to their wedding. They've been married 25 years and have two grown sons. I just talked to Zan a couple of weeks ago when she brought her granddaughter to the library. I feel so bad for Jamey and the family...they've gone through so much the past week. Zan's father died the day after her auto accident. He had been in a nursing home due to a stroke. Please remember this dear family in your prayers. They love the Lord and are leaning on Him for comfort and understanding through all this.

2 comments:

Free In Christ said...

Karen, did this lady work in UC? I think I know who it is. At any rate, it is awful. We will pray for the family.

The Legacy Foundation said...

I've missed her as well. The last time I saw her we talked and she gave me that smile and said, "oh Miss Robin how beautiful those babies are!" She loved fully and lived fully. What an example of a woman of faith she was. Makes me realize how important to love each person I come into contact with...
Talk to you soon...