Sunday, February 26, 2006

February's almost gone...

Betsy Blue Eyes!

This week has been so busy I haven't had much time to blog. John and I did drive to Portland for supper one night this week and really enjoyed listening to Christian music and just cherishing our time together. Today we had a special service at church to honor our "retiring" pastor and his wife. They really aren't retiring...he's going to be our care pastor and knowing them, they'll be making lots of trips to mission fields. They have four children who are grown and married and all serving the Lord in other countries. It was a very sweet service and made us realize how much Max and Dixie have touched everyone's lives in our church family.
On the personal side, Myron got the job with Gospel Light and will still be able to work from his home! He does have to go to California the week after next for meetings so Molly and Betsy are driving down to spend the week with us!!! That will be so much fun! I sure have something to look forward to this week!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Karen- As much as I enjoy my children, I am so looking forward to the precious time I will get to spend with just my husband. I enjoy reading about how much you enjoy your time together.

Such a blessing about Myron! I will pray for a safe trip for Molly and Betsy..how fun!!
love,
heather

Karen said...

Thank you Heather! John and I have found one sweet advantage of the "empty nest" is getting to devote our time to each other. We still really miss our kids..especially having them so far away. I'm so excited to have Betsy and Molly here next week! I imagine I'll be posting lots of pictures! And we'll be waiting to hear when Aiden arrives too!

Love in Christ...

Karen

Wendy said...

To bad that I hadn't found out that Molly was coming down sooner, because I'm on Spring Break next week and Joel leaves on Thursday for his seminar in Texas. We could have planned something fun!

Free In Christ said...

Karen, I'll have to agree with Heather. It is so fun to hear that you and John enjoy your time together.

I am happy to hear that Molly and Betsy will be coming to stay longer than a day. Maybe we'll see each other.

Enjoy.
Lots of love,
Melissa