Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fun and games on E-Bay...










I haven't blogged for awhile...we've been so busy at the library that I'm beat when I get home. Today I read stories to the Home School group. We had 26 kids today! That was a record! They're really sweet kids and I have such fun with them. We sang some songs, read some Valentine's day stories, made Valentine cards and then I surprised them with milk and donut holes. They are having their Valentine's day party nearer to the holiday...but since I won't see them again until the 15th I decided to have a little celebration with them. Since I work by myself until 2:00...I had a lot to do...especially after they left...lots of books to shelve!
When I've had free time in the evenings I've been looking at e-bay and finally got the nerve to bid on some things. I've been wanting some books by Gene Stratton Porter since she lived not too far from here. I won the bid on 3 of them...Freckles, Laddie and Girl of the Limberlost. They're over 100 years old! I didn't have to pay too much for them either! I also bid on a used CD of Over the Rhine called Til We Have Faces. It's one of their first albums and one that I didn't have and couldn't find anywhere. Since Linford Detweiler and his wife, Karin Bergquist are the band's founders...and also Molly's husband's family...that makes it even more special! I really enjoy their music. I'm hoping to catch one of their concerts again when they're in the midwest again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally made it here! I guess getting sick paid off a bit!LOL

We really appreciated the party for the kids on Wednesday! Joey was VERY excited over the donut holes!LOL

Thanks for all the hard work you do for us!;)

Dana

Karen said...

Thanks Dana! I really love the kids and hope they enjoy my efforts for them at the library! I'm glad you found my blog! Feel better soon!
Love...
Karen