Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter


I hope everyone had a very blessed Easter. This has been a really rough week for me. I haven't really felt well since Wednesday. I won't go into details but suffice it to say there have been a lot of different physical problems crop up at once. I managed to work Thursday but missed work Wednesday and Friday. Saturday I forced myself to go to the grocery with John...we were out of everything. It was good to get out into the sunshine although I hurt a lot. I saw the Dr. Friday and she's scheduled an appointment with my orthopedist about my knee. So now I'm seeing two different drs. for bone problems. I think I'll probably have to have knee surgery. I've been putting it off for a long time. Now it's getting difficult to stand and walk for long periods. I'm hoping the dr. that I see about my spinal problem will just treat it with epidural injections again...I sure don't want surgery on my knee and back! On top of that the liver problem is always looming too. I know this sounds like a "pity party" but it helps to vent it sometimes. I was feeling really depressed and sorry for myself this morning. I really wanted to be in church on Easter Sunday and I was really missing my kids. We were invited to Joel and Wendy's for Easter dinner but I just didn't feel well enough to travel up there. When I got up I started watching a special on TV that featured Christian artists celebrating Easter through songs of praise. It really lifted my spirits and made me stop feeling sorry for myself. Two of my favorite artists sang too...Michael W. Smith and Nicole C. Mullen! I think God knew that was just what I needed to lift me out of my despair. I am so grateful for His love and forgiveness. I don't know how I'd go on if I didn't know that Christ was with me and that I will be with Him forever!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Karen! My heart is just aching for you dear sister. Thank you so much for sharing so that I can be lifting you in prayer today. I pray that you will feel the Lord's comfort in a mighty way. I wish I could give you a great big hug...you have been such an encouragement and a support to me. I am thinking of you today and praying for you during this most trying time. :::hugs:::
love in Him,
Heather

Free In Christ said...

Karen, My heart goes out to you. I will be praying for you. I hope things start to get better for you. You are such a great person, and such an encouragement to me when I need it, well, even when I don't need it. You are just wonderful. Jordan went in the library on Friday, and was saddened that you were not there. I hope to see you soon.

Heather said...

Just stoppin' by to see if there was an update
love you!!
heather