Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thanks for your prayers...

I really appreciate the prayers of all my friends. I'm feeling better this week and went to work Monday. The joint problems are ongoing but I'm seeing the Dr. this week and hope to get some relief. The day went quickly at the library. We're still putting away Easter eggs from the party last week. Most of the plastic eggs had to be washed because we had unseasonably warm weather and the chocolate eggs that we put inside them melted! I think next year we'd better stick to just hard candy! It's the middle of the month so I started working on the calendars and newsletter for next month. Our director wrote the newsletter when she was still the assistant director. Then after her promotion she asked me to take over. I enjoy it but it's time consuming! John is really getting into the yardwork since we've had such nice warm weather. He's tilled and mulched the flower bed and worked on the asparagus. Last evening he broke up the remainder of an old sidewalk with a sledge hammer! Needless to say he was really achy this morning! He does almost all the outside work due to my arthritis. I used to help a lot but just can't do it anymore. Joel called me on Easter and Molly and I talked on IM so that helped my "Easter blues" a lot. Both sent me photos through e-mail too so I put a few on here for everyone to enjoy. Thanks again for everyone's prayers and encouraging e-mails!

2 comments:

Free In Christ said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I loved the pictures. See you soon hopefully.

Melissa

Heather said...

Dear Karen, so glad that you are feeling better!! My heart just hurt for you. I hate getting the blues.
love in Him,
Heather