Monday, May 08, 2006

14 Things About My Mom

1. She's one of 11 children.

2. She was married at 18 and has 7 children, 19 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren!

3. She loves to fish.

4. Before her arthritis got so bad, she was a wonderful seamstress.

5. Her father was born in 1880 and her mother in 1895.

6. She and Dad have been married almost 59 years.

7. She loves to be out of doors and has beautiful flowers all around her yard.

8. She led me to the Lord in 1960.

9. She makes wonderful candy...especially hickory nut brittle.

10. She practically reared us seven kids on her own when Dad worked away from home for many years.

11. She's had both her knees replaced.

12. She remembers the birthdays of all her children and grandchildren and sends each a card.

13. She made sure that all seven of her children learned to play the piano and played instruments in the high school band.

14. She managed to get 7 children through high school and 5 of the 7 graduated from college.

My Mom is amazing and I love her very much!

4 comments:

Free In Christ said...

What wonderful tidbits of information. I love to learn of others families. Thanks. I hope you are enjoying your time with Molly and Betsy.
Love,
Melissa

Heather said...

What an amazing woman! That explains her amazing daughter! :)

Diane Viere said...

What a great mom! Your heart must be so full!

Enjoy this weekend with your mom.

Diane

Karen said...

Thanks so much Melissa, Heather and Diane! I do love my Mom and really appreciate the sacrifices she made for us!

Love to you all...

Karen