Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day weekend

We had a great time visiting with the kids in Michigan this weekend. Joel and Wendy were at Molly and Myron's when we arrived so we got to see everyone! Joel and Wendy are keeping so busy this summer. They're going to New York in June and then on a missions trip to Mexico in July. I don't think we'll get to see them again until my Dad's birthday in July! But it was fun and we made the most of our time together. Betsy is sure growing up! She crawls everywhere and can stand up by herself. I think she'll be walking soon. She's going through a phase that's hard on Molly...she's unhappy unless her Mommy's in the room and it's difficult for Molly to get a break. She and Myron did go out for a movie Sunday evening and John and I watched Betsy. She got along pretty well until she realized Mommy wasn't close by. So Grandpa John took her for a long walk and that made her happy. She's such a bundle of joy. Molly and Myron are doing such a good job of parenting. I sure wish they were closer but we enjoy any time we can get together. The weather has been really crazy this week...in the middle 90's even in Michigan! I'm so fortunate to have air conditioning at home and at work. Poor John has to work all day in the heat in the mould shop and it is really draining on him! Our garden likes the heat though...things are starting to sprout and the flowers are really blooming! Work is really busy too now that school is out. It makes the time go really fast though because there are so many kids up there! I'm not complaining though...it's a good, safe and cool place for them to spend their summer!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Karen, I really enjoyed the picture! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a precious little girl Betsy is :) I understand the "needing a break" part :) I am so glad the kids are taking advantage of the library. What an interesting job you must have! Hope you are holding up well so soon after your surgery and all. Thinking of you and praying for you.
In Him,
heather

Free In Christ said...

I'm glad you were able to spend time with your kids this weekend. Betsy is such a beautiful baby. Hope to see you soon. No promises on when though, I've been working alot.
Love, Melissa

Wendy said...

It was fun to see you this weekend. Sorry we couldn't say longer!