Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another hectic week!

Molly and Betsy were here from Saturday evening until Tuesday...and I'm just now getting time to blog about it! This has been such a busy time! We had so much fun with our two sweet girls. Molly and I have always had a close relationship so it's just fun and easy having her here...we could almost read each other's thoughts when she still lived at home. So it was great fun sharing Betsy with her this week. She's such a happy baby...but so busy! She wants to be doing something all the time...she's not content to cuddle for very long. She's so close to crawling...she gets where she wants by scooting and rolling and is really starting to want to walk when you stand her up. Boy, will we need to child-proof our house when she starts walking! Myron got in from his business trip on Tuesday afternoon and they headed back to Grand Rapids. The time went really fast but we sure enjoyed it! Work has been really busy this week too. We're trying to get ready for our summer reading program in July. Since my surgery is next Tuesday and I'll be off for at least a week, I've been trying to get everything done ahead of time at work. I have both June calendars finished and the newsletter done so that will save me a lot of work when I go back. School will be out at the end of May and then we'll really be busy because a lot of the kids spend the entire day at the library while their parents work! I guess it's a safe and clean place...better than running the streets!
I don't think I'll get to see either of my kids for Mothers' Day. We're going to see my Mom in the evening on Sunday...she's invited those of us without plans to have dinner with them. That will be nice! I don't get to see my brothers and sisters as often as I'd like.
I finally have a free Saturday so I guess I'd better get busy and make the most of it! Happy Mother's Day to all my friends!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Sorry we couldn't make it down for Mother's Day.

Free In Christ said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with Molly and Betsty. I will be praying for you during your surgery and recovery. Melissa

Heather said...

Hope you had a good Mother's Day Karen! I will be praying for you during and after your surgery. Love you!
heather